XRAY X4 2023 GRAPHITE EDITION 1/10 LUXURY ELECTRIC TOURING CAR
The highly anticipated X4'23 has been revealed with a stunning array of new features. The Xray X4 2023 is a six-time world champion after recently taking out MOD and STOCK at the 2022 IFMAR World Champion.
Browse our Xray X4 2023 parts list (being updated)
2023 All-New Features
- All-new XLP shocks are 9mm shorter for improved cornering speed, steering response, and stability makes the car easier to drive in all surface conditions
- Shocks are 2.6g lighter removing 10.4g from the front and rear of the chassis improves weight placement while retaining the same internal oil volume compared to ULP shocks for consistent dampening
- New pistons for improved travel from the more compact shock design
- New springs are 3mm shorter to match the new shocks. Available in a full range of standard spring rates plus 2 new alternatives of the progressive springs C2.4-2.6 and C2.6-2.9
- The most popular spring combo is included in the kit: C2.5-2.8 in front and C2.6 in rear
- All-new membrane shape and material for reduced maintenance. The membranes have a longer lifespan without any change to rebound settings
- Front shock towers matched to short shocks. 8mm lower to improve CG with two optimized shock mounting positions
- Rear shock tower is updated to work with the short shocks. Redesigned with additional material to improve durability in severe crashes and 8mm lower with 2 shock mounting positions to improve CG and optimize handling.
- Heavy duty lower bulkheads improve durability while maintaining ultra-low weight
- Heavy duty upper clamps improve durability in hard crashes
- 3 dot caster bushings are included for the rear suspension for most common 2.5 and 3.5 rear caster settings
- ECS and CVD axles feature grooves for the new SCS - spring clip system that secures the wheel hub to the axle. The new SCS system allows easier assembly and maintenance.
- Wheel hubs are 0.5mm narrower than original X4 hexes to improve steering and traction and install using new axle SCS spring clip system
- Front and rear BB drive shafts included for improved cornering speed and rotation
- Steel diff and solid axle outdrives included to work with BB drive shafts
- Heavy duty steering plates with improved strength from thicker material provide improved durability. New shape gives extra clearance when using low downstop to prevent arm rub at full steering lock. Counter sunk screw from the bottom for easier bump steer adjustment and no need to change ball end length.
- Stronger ARS plates from thicker material for improved durability in serious crashes. The new design uses counter sunk screw from the bottom for easier toe gain/loss shims adjustment.
- 1mm longer pivot balls included in the kit together with standard ones if more than 0.5 shim is used under rear hub for better thread engagement and improved hub durability
- Rear graphite body post holder provides improved durability in serious crashes. Instead of the previous groove, there are 6 holes with 1.2mm spacing for easier and more precise mounting of horizontal rear body posts
- 2pc top decks included in the kit for improved steering and traction. Reinforced around the motor mount screws area and the flex groove in the front top deck is thinner to keep more material for improved durability.
- The included front top deck is tailored for common conditions typically found when using either graphite or aluminium chassis. The graphite editions include the open front top deck; both aluminium editions include the braced front deck with a special wave shaped bridge that reinforces the flex of the front suspension without being completely rigid for improved stability and better consistency in higher traction conditions.
- Most common 1.2 front/rear anti-roll bars included into the graphite version and 1.3 front and 1.2 rear in aluminium versions
All-new XLP Shocks are 9mm shorter and in total 10.4g lighter but contain the same oil volume as the ULP shocks for improved cornering speed, steering response, and stability.
XLP Shock Parts.
All of the new XLP shock parts are specifically designed for the smallest possible size to reduce the weight and keep the lowest possible CG.
XLP Shock Springs.
A new series of springs are 3mm shorter to match the new shock length and provide the correct rates and ride height. They are available in a full range of rate choices including 2 new alternatives of the progressive springs C2.4-2.7 and C2.6-2.9.
Front Shock Tower.
Front shock towers are redesigned to work with the shorter XLP shocks. They are 8mm lower to improve the CG with only two optimized shock mounting positions, upper position for carpet and lower position for asphalt.
Rear Shock Tower.
The new rear shock tower is also redesigned to match the shorter XLP shocks. The shock tower is 8mm lower to improve the CG with only two optimized shock mounting positions, upper position for carpet and lower position for asphalt.
New heavy duty lower bulkheads provide improved durability while maintaining ultra-low weight. The bulkheads have added material in the most critical area for improved strength; even stronger than the optional HD bulkheads from the X4'22.
New heavy duty upper clamps provide improved durability in hard crashes. The upper clamps have added material in the most critical area for improved strength; even stronger than the optional HD upper clamps from the X4'22.
The most frequently used 2 dots caster inserts are now included for the front, with the 3 dots inserts for the rear.
Aluminum inserts easily set the caster angle for quick and accurate tuning and in the rear suspension, the inserts can be reversed for even more adjustment possibilities.
BB Drive Shafts.
Front and rear BB drive shafts improving cornering speed and rotation are now included in the kit and feature the all-new clip wheel hub retention system included for maximum comfort.
The gear differential includes steel diff outdrives for the BB drive shafts. The X4 gear diff produces the on-power steering that is needed on nearly all types of tracks, and is ideal for both carpet and asphalt tracks.
The solid axle now features steel diff outdrives for BB drive shafts. Solid axle pulley position has the front belt alignment to match the center layshaft for improved consistency and forward traction.
New wheel hubs work with the new SCS - Spring Clip System for simplified installation. The wheel hubs are 0.5mm narrower than the original X4 hexes to reduce the car width and increase steering and traction.
Steering & ARS Plates.
New heavy duty steering plates and ARS plates provide improved durability in hard crashes. The new 3D shape allows using a low downstop without touching the lower arm at full steering lock.
The new counter sunk screw mounted from the bottom allow easier bump steer / toe gain adjustment.
Rear Hub Height Adjustment.
The kit includes two different pivot ball lengths of 5.5mm and 6.5mm for different rear hub height adjustments. The new 6.5mm long pivot ball with 1mm extra thread length is suggested when using more than a 0.5mm hub height shim to improve the durability of the rear hub in serious crashes.
Rear Body Mounting System.
New heavy duty rear graphite post holder provides increased durability in hard crashes and more precise height adjustability with preset 6 steps of 1.2mm increments.
Now 2pcs top deck are included in the kit to improve steering and traction in most conditions. The graphite version for asphalt tracks includes the open top deck in the front, the aluminium versions for carpet tracks feature the top deck with special wave shape connection in front that reinforces the flex of the front suspension without a completely rigid connection which improves stability and consistency.
Top Deck Multi-Flex Settings.
The top deck flex settings allow quick and easy adjustment of chassis stiffness in 3 different alternatives.
The graphite and aluminum versions of the X4'23 come with specifically chosen anti-roll bars for the best possible performance out of the box.
2022 IFMAR World Champions!
Bruno Coelho with the X4'23 is 2022 IFMAR World Champion - Mod Class
Alexandre Duchet with the X4'23 is 2022 IFMAR World Champion - Stock Class
Part No. 300035