The Schumacher CAT revolutionized off-road racing when it was introduced in 1986, being years ahead of the competition. It became an international success winning British, European, Japanese, Australian, and American championships. It was updated with a longer wheelbase and Masami Hirosaka went on to win the 1987 1/10th 4WD IFMAR World Championships in Romsey, England. We are now excited to offer this iconic replica of the car that Masami used to win the first of his many World Championships, and put Schumacher Racing on the map as a leading RC car manufacturer.
- Ball differentials, which had been invented by Cecil Schumacher in 1978.
- Unique integrator system offering adjustable torque split between front and rear.
- Double wishbone suspension with massive travel.
- Full replica decal set.
- Alloy coil over oil filled shock absorbers.
- Huge steering lock to handle the tightest tracks.
- Front O-ring ‘crashback’ system to minimize front end crash damage.
- Compact design with low polar moment of inertia and low center of gravity gives the CAT remarkable maneuverability and balance.
- Tough polycarbonate bodyshell and undertray to keep out the dirt.
- Original Schumacher spiked tires.
- Accepts period correct NiCd/NiMH batteries or modern shorty Lipos.
- Accepts brushed or brushless motors.
- Transmission upgrade available to handle modern high powered motors, and create a class leading buggy for historic RC racing.